Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quilt For A Gentleman


I have a wonderful stash---love having that----of plaid fabric. Most of this was donated by friends. I was not really sure how to use this and thought I had to try to line up all the lines on it. But a guild member told me just cut it and sew it.


So I just cut a bunch of 6 inch squares. I was able to cut 4 or 5 layers at the same time. Then I just stitched them together. Next time I will do it a little differently but this is what I ended up with.


I stitched some words into it and then mainly did loops and swirls. I love how this turned out. It is amazing that sometimes the simplest pattern can look so good.


I still have lots of this fabric left and will come up with some more easy patterns. We need more manly quilts for our Hospice as so much fabric is full of flowers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not many people could pull off a MAN quilt. ;)

chas