Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Guild Quilting



I joined a lovely guild in our area. My area of interest other than just getting to know local quilters and have fun---is philanthropy. I head up that committee now and have quite a few nice tops that have been donated. We get sort of bogged down with the quilting progress so that is my goal for 2010. Get these lovely tops made into quilts and given away.

I was given 2 of these beautiful Irish Chains from the same lady. I have decided I will do one big guild top per month on my HQ. I make so many charity quilts start to finish that is what I feel I can commit to at this point.

I have gotten good with one style of leaves and flowers. I put these big flowers in the white sections and decided to add a little curly cue. It worked so now I have another design I can do.

Charity quilts are the PERFECT way to advance your quilting skill.

2 comments:

Jan said...

The quilting looks great Eileen! And you are sooooo right ... the perfect way to get more experience on the HQ :)

Kathie said...

Looks great.

Kathie L.