Saturday, February 6, 2010

One More Easy Quilt




I made a top yesterday that is really fast to sew AND cut. Some of these quilts take alot of time to cut but this one is really fast. It is done in strips and sewn into a tube. It was fun and that helps with charity quilts. You can layer cut easily.

I am cutting up a few kits using this pattern for our guild sewing day. I will share some of my fabric but keep the really special and favorite ones for myself. I buy most of my fabric on the internet and sometimes what I get it not what I thought it was online. But in a scrap quilt, it will be just fine.

I am very good at searching out bargain fabric online and have my favorite shops. Thousand of Bolts is at the top of the list. They have great deals and VERY fast shipping. I found my beloved Robert Kaufman red white and blue and just ordered 10 yards. I will not use it on backs this time. I thought it was gone forever unless I was willing to pay $9.00 yard---NOT.

I am lucky enough to work a part time job which gives me lots of sewing time. I love making quilts but do not want a house full of them.

2 comments:

Kathie said...

Very cute Eileen. I am still working on my r/w/b quilt. We should call them r/w/b flurries or some snow name since we are working on them while being stuck inside.

kathie

Julia said...

Your quilts are beautiful --- I know I have come across the pattern for the tube part ---- do you know the name