Thursday, February 25, 2010

Trying Fun New Patterns


I have found that one of the key ingredients for me to continue to make quilts for our military---is fight boredom. I love most of the patterns Eleanor Burns writes as they are full of pictures and hints to make it all work out right.

This quilt is from her book Quick Trip Quilts. It can be cut quickly and sewing is really fast. You must pay attention to getting the strips sewn together in just the right order though. I loved it so much I have a second one almost done. This one will be a little smaller.

In May I have a lady coming to our guild to collect quilts for our military. I want her to have a HUGE amount to take back as the injuires have been especially fierce lately.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

Very nice as usual Eileen.

kathie L.