Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Another E. Burns Pattern of the Month



I received the second pattern in the monthly mailing. This one used Layer Cakes and I had one waiting on my shelf. I bought it on sale and then had no idea what to do with it. This is not a fabric line I would ordinarily choose but turned out really pretty. This will go to our local Hospice.

I always learn something on each quilt and this one taught me DO NOT try stitch in the ditch with dark thread. I changed to my little wiggle line and all was fine. I had my beloved prewound bobbins and had no problem with tension.

More stash was used for the backing and I can see my fabric dwindling. There is still plenty but I am definitely using more than I buy.

3 comments:

Kathie said...

I love this pattern, how cute. Nice to hear your stash is going down, that way when you do want to buy fabric it will be an extra treat.

Kathie L.

Jan said...

This quilt is adorable Eileen and your quilting is superb! It will definitely bring a lot of comfort :) Will you make more of this pattern???

Quiltaholic said...

I LOVE this quilt and pattern, could not find it on her site anywhere, do I need to sign up or something?