I am on a quest to rid myself of any and all UFO's. I do not let myself get many as it slows down my creative process. While going through my drawer of where they would be---I found these darling blocks from some online friends. We did an exchange of our houses in a quilt block.
In no time at all, I had this darling wallhanging for the dining room. this is where my laptop is and I wanted to be able to see it all the time.
I completed another top from exchanged blocks and it is on the HQ right now. Aside from some orphan blocks I will enter 2011 without any UFO's. I do have a couple of projects in progress but work on them. I also have a patriotic log cabin in the works.
I started quilting from the internet for lots of learning. I read about all these UFO's and just did not want to let that happen to me. I am learn from other people quite easily.
I had bought this cute panel quite sometime ago because I fell in love with it. I learned to read using those books. I have a young friend in Massachusetts with the most darling little girl you can imagine. There is the perfect combination.
I wanted to user the flying geese die in my accuquilt so I have to reduce the size of the panel. But all this fabric was used from stash. I buy quilt shop fabric mainly from discount places online at deep discounts. Sometimes a good sale at Joannes will result in a buying spree.
I love having lots of fabric on hand as long as it does not exceed the places I have to keep it.
I had been collecting Batik Fat Quarters for a few months. I had also bought a couple of one yard cuts from a great sale. I decided to try the Drunkards Path using the templates from Back Porch Designs. There was a class using these at quilt camp this summer.
I was surprised at how easy they were to sew even tough it had curves. I used up all the scraps in the border.
The thread in my HQ broke a couple of times so I changed to a #18 needle---problem solved. I think that will be my standard needle from now on as I did my Christmas quilt using that and not one breakage.
After trying out my wonderful Accuquilt, I decided to take all my Christmas fabric and make a giant Flying Geese quilt for our bed. I had a drawer full in a small dresser and just cut and sewed. It is really easy with this cutter.
I made up my own pattern as I went along. I still have a small amount of Christmas Fabric left but bet it is not more than 2 - 3 yards.
I love this quilt and am happy I got it finished before Christmas. I had a wide backing that was the right size. It was a little difficult quilting it until I figured out how to roll such a big piece. It needs some help in the middle section to keep it going along as it should.
I hesitated for a long time whether to buy ones of these. I found a great deal and decided to purchase it. It is really a fabulous machine. I purchased the dies that make a flying geese unit. This takes a long time the old way. Here is what the units look like when they are cut.
I made a quilt from them using up all the scraps of red white and blue. The center sections are some new fabric from my friend DEE. This is also the last border. I made another one but it is a Christmas gift and I will post a photo later in the month of this.