Friday, January 14, 2011

Old Towne Stitchery Block of the Month


Our brand new quilt shop----As of last year---gave out one block each month. At the end of the year the finished quilts would be displayed in the shop. You had to use their fabric and the blocks were 6 inches.

I decided to use a line of fabric that would be suitable for a Quilt for our wounded military. I needed it to be larger so just made the blocks 12 inches instead. Most of them for very easy but for some odd reason, I had trouble with the bowtie pattern.

But the quilt is finished and ready for the display in the shop. I used up every bit of fabric in the scrappy border.

2 comments:

Kathie said...

You did a wonderful job Eileen, hope you win the gift certificate.

amerchantheart said...

I want to thank you for your commitment to make quilts for the wounded warriors! My husband is a WW and we are very blessed by people like you!
Thank you
Angie merchant