Sunday, January 9, 2011

Rosebud Lane Finally Quilted



In 2008 I joined a block of the month club. This provided all the fabric and the pattern each month. It was quite expensive but I just loved the quilt. I had a wonderful time making this and then put it up on a wall in the hallway. I wanted to get good enough at my quilting to be able to do a good job.

My Father In Law had a wonderful expression "God hates a coward" that he used to say to me when we played cards. The time was NOW to get this quilt done.

It is not perfect but is surely perfectly lovely.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK---here is me back again ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH. There is a big boo boo on this quilt and I do not mean some little quilting thing. See if you can find it. I can assure everyone I will NOT be ripping out the quilting to find it.

This sat pinned up on a wall for over a year and I never noticed. But it was in a hallway so I could not stand back. I hope generations will enjoy this quilt and get a laugh out of the boo boo I made on it. It is a quilt--not a brain that I must have right if I were a surgeon.

10 comments:

Karen said...

It's beautiful! Good for you on getting it done!

Martha said...

Eileen, the rosebud quilt is lovely. Beautiful work!!

Janet said...

Eileen, that's GORGEOUS! You did a wonderful job!

Tiffaney said...

It turned out Beautiful!

Unknown said...

It's a beautiful quilt, even if it is a little strange on the bottom left. I think you have the right attitude about it, because it really is very pretty.

lizzie judy said...

Eileen, it's beautiful, even if a few of the little squares in the corner went the wrong way. If it were mine, I would just treasure the dickens out of it!

Melinda said...

Call the boo boo creative license and forget it. It adds to the unique quality of a beautiful design.

Lori in South Dakota said...

as you said "its perfectly lovely"!! I never noticed until you said to go back and look for it! I was admiring the houses and the flowers and the border!

Gayle Bong said...

Your boo-boo makes me kinda wanna do the same thing on purpose! It's beautiful.

Unknown said...

Seu trabalho é simplesmente maravilhoso e eu quero muito aprender fazer uma colcha assim bjssss 🌹