Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Charm Pack Fun


I have quite a few charm packs and decided that is my next category of fabric to use. This quilt is made from 2 of them from Moda Cause something or other. It was a little dark so I chose a red inner border. I chose a blue that would complement the charms. On the back is a lovely Moda fabric that has been sitting on my shelf for way too long. I forgot to take a picture of that but it is a big print called Chocolate.

This will go to our local Hospice. I did my meander leaf design for the quilting because it is fast and easy.

I have about 12 or more packs left and some are quite bright. They go together really quickly and are a fun mindless project. I have some cute pillow type panels that I will try to incorporate with them for quilts for children. I am math challenged but after I get a row done I can figure out how to get in the pillow panel for a center medallion type.

I did a good purge of some fabric, rulers and other quilt supplies for a charity quilt group north of me. I ended up with 2 big boxes and will prolly have another by the time they get picked up. Since I got my Accucut I do not need so many different rulers.

2 comments:

Kathie said...

You are going to town using up fabrics, great job. I have used up some of the older fabrics but not as much as I had hoped. I am doing good getting some of my older UFOs done though. Only a couple more days left to get April's UFO quilted!

trish said...

Beautifully done and such a special gift to donate. :o)
Sincerely, Trish