Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bliss Really IS Bliss



I bought a jellyroll of the fabric line called Bliss from Moda online. My local quilt shop had yardage of this fabric. I bought a few pieces of that and had no idea what I would do with it.

I decided to use an easy strip pattern and my Strip Ruler to cut triangles of the sewn fabric. This is a really fun pattern and quite easy. I wanted the fabric off my shelf.

I had enough fabric to use it for the back also. I never buy backing to match the front because it is expensive. But I did this time at a 40 per cent off sale at my quilt shop a few months ago.

This quilt will go on the back of the love seat in our house. I just love the result.
I used the Hobbs Polydown for the batting and really like the dimension it gives to the quilting. I bought a BIG roll and really like this batting---thank goodness. It makes really lovely baby quilts.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

Very cute, I love the colors.