Sunday, December 18, 2011

Some fun quilts for kids




I have been catching up on my quilting the last week or so. These tops were done and just needed the quilting. I am practicing a new free motion stitch---swirl like designs.

The first one was a small panel. I just found some cute fabric to go with it. These will all go to various children's charities---either Fort Bragg or our local hospital.

I have really busted some stash this year. I hope to plow through lots more in 2012. I do occasionally buy more fabric when I find a really good bargain. I have used up way more than I bought and that is always my goal. Maybe next year I will keep track of what comes in and what goes out.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

Eileen I kept track of all my fabric in and out all year up till about a month ago. I have been buying LOTS of Christmas stuff on sale to sew on for craft shows all year but think my numbers would still show more going out than coming in so its ok.

Love the little quilts, boy that one is so bright I bet it glows in the dark.